Waterbox Reef LX

Cichlid23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking into getting the waterbox reef LX 340.7 as an upgrade to my current reef, a waterbox reef 100.3, but I wanted to if anyone who had a waterbox tank from the reef LX series had their opinions on the bracing. I love the look of my current one with how clear the glass is and the rimless look, just worried the brace will take away from that.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I don't have a Waterbox, if I were to get another tank it would definitely have Euro bracing. Structurally you get more support and it helps reduce splashing and spills down the sides.

OP
OP
C

Cichlid23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I don't have a Waterbox, if I were to get another tank it would definitely have Euro bracing. Structurally you get more support and it helps reduce splashing and spills down the sides.
Not worried about that much as weird as that may sound. I’m really only curious on if it ruins the aesthetics of a rimless tank or not.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not worried about that much as weird as that may sound. I’m really only curious on if it ruins the aesthetics of a rimless tank or not.
Water running down the sides definitely ruins the aesthetics...

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one of my only real doubts about this tank.

I like the Euro-bracing - but it looks like they took this one a little too far?

Would like to know the measurements of the bracing - it looks like its much wider than 3".

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back