WaterBox

Deadwait

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have the WB 70.2? This will be my next tank. Just wanted to see what everyones thought's were on WB. I know that there's other complete type setups on the market. Just wondering why you chose to go with WB? What are your likes and dislikes. Would you buy another. Just general questions. Thanks in advance.

Ky_acc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a few of them (various models) in person at my LFS the other day. They appear well built and of similar quality to the reefer series, although I'd be interested to hear from someone who's used one.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also looking to hear about folks experiences with WB, preferably independent of the company. I will say I spent an hour at MACNA crawling all over the 190.5 they had on display and it was pretty sweet. This coming from a Red Sea fan.

I was particularly impressed with:
- 4 side starfire glass
- glass overflow
- marine plywood (versus particle board)
- better quality plumbing & added manifold
- better hinges and better soft close mechanicals
- added load bearing panel on right (long) side
- I favord a few things about the sump too, but sumps are very personal

I do Red Sea builds for my LFS customers, but after seeing this thing up close I find it a compelling alternative. I look forward to reading a few more build threads with real life experiences to share.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a reefer currently. Definitely planning on a WB as my next tank for all the reasons listed above. My reefer is nice but its lacking a few things... i think WB is a complete package!

Bigwrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Waterbox tanks and am very pleased with them. The glass is nice and the seams are very well done. The glass overflow is much nicer than the Red Sea tanks. The stands work well and I like the openings in the back making it very easy to run wires and plumbing and allowing temp of tank to remain more stable as the sumps tend to build up head in closed cabinets

Codiak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 190.5 and would/will buy another Waterbox in the future. The tank sits in my living room and looks amazing. The quality of everything is top notch. The glass, sump and stand alone are worth every penny, the plumbing is just a nice bonus.

Note: Go for the +Plus HD version, the AI lights are a better price from Waterbox, they just need to be mounted in a hybrid fixture!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back