Waterflow, wave maker how much do I need for 20 gallons

khittik

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I am planning to get a wave maker/ water flow pump. Any suggestion what pumps should I buy and how much GPH it should be?

I check they say the turnover rate recommended is 20 times of the size of aquarium. So I need 400 gph (20g x 20 times)?

How many powerheads do I need?

I am using Waterbox 20 gallon tank. I will plan to have all kind of corals, soft, LPS and SPS therefore I really need to get a good water flow pump.

Do you all think AI Nero 3 is a good one to start with?

Kind regards

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
definitely make sure you get something with controllability that can do pulses if you want. That will make the softies happy :) I have a jaebo SLW 10 in my 13.5 evo. If you are doing SPS i would consider the 20 instead of the 10. I'm really happy with mine. The nero 3 isnt a bad idea. I just wasnt ready to drop that kind of cash on my second tank.

OP
OP
K

khittik

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jaebo slw series. Im gonna say a 10 or 20 and dial it down.
D
What about

Aquarium Systems New Jet Wave Nano 2200​

OP
OP
K

khittik

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
definitely make sure you get something with controllability that can do pulses if you want. That will make the softies happy :) I have a jaebo SLW 10 in my 13.5 evo. If you are doing SPS i would consider the 20 instead of the 10. I'm really happy with mine. The nero 3 isnt a bad idea. I just wasnt ready to drop that kind of cash on my second tank.
What about

Aquarium Systems New Jet Wave Nano 2200​

Back