Waterproof or Water Resistant???? High end LED

Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

Freakmachine01

Guess who I'v seen today... Everyone I looked at.
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2017
Messages
1,438
Reaction score
1,036
Location
WINTER HAVEN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello can anybody tell me which of the higher end LED lights out there are waterproof or water resistant? I have a pair of AI Hydra 32s. They are in no way water resistant whatsoever. The first week I had them I accidentally bumped one went in the water destroyed the whole thing. Now 6 months later after having them mounted 12 inches above the water surface on the gooseneck arms I'm having another problem. Condensation built up and shorted out one of the boards. Dealing with their customer service absolutely sucks. It's like pulling teeth the person has no idea what I'm talking about. How can somebody be in customer service and not know their product or even the urgency of getting it corrected so I could have my lights back.
 
Kessil has some pretty significant water resistance internally. The well vented housing is deceiving, because the circuit boards are extensively protected.

I doubt any can survive a dunking though.

-Hans
 
Thank you both for the info. I think any of them can we stand a complete immersion in the water but I can't fathom me spending another $300 some dollars on a light at 6 months old because of condensation build up and it's shorting out the board
 
I have been dealing with AI customer service for the last couple days now and let me tell you it has been an absolute headache. I can guarantee you the people that they have doing customer service do not have reef tanks. They do not understand the urgency of getting these lights fixed. I have 120 gallon tank completely stocked well over 10K in value in there. I need these lights so my corals keep growing.
 
I have explained the problem multiple times to this customer service person then at the end he tells me he's going to just send me a new power supply because that seems to be the problem I explained to him that it is not that I have two power supplies one of them is powering a light and I've switched them out and the light does the exact same thing with which lights are flashing on the front of it they don't understand what I'm trying to say they really seem like they don't care oh it's so aggravating
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new