Water's SPS updates

  • Thread starter Thread starter Waters
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
So what happened to your SPS tank? Power outage or something?! Curious mind wants to know. Your tank looked great~
No, nothing bad happened......I just lost control of it due to not keeping the acros under control as they grew. Everything grew into each other to the point where fragging became really difficult I had already been toying with upgrading to a larger tank anyways so it seemed like the perfect time. I sold all my acros, kept my fish, and set up a new tank. I thought a strictly Euphyllia tank would be fun, and it was for a while. Then I realized there isn't a ton of color varity like you get with acros....everything was pretty much green and yellow. I also missed the high energy/high light that you see with a SPS tank....I already had two slow moving tanks with my planted tanks. So I am currently donating all of my large torches/hammers/bubble coral colonies to a friend and starting my search for acros once again lol.
 
Oh, that's the second worst smell in the world. The first is burnt transmission.
Burnt gear lube is pretty high on my list. It makes the whole shop stink
200w (6).gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new