Wave Line Puck & Controller

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah the numbers are good, just need to see it in action and a couple reviews.

Has anyone used Waveline pumps & controllers ?
@randyBRS, I seen a waveline pump on your used/open box resale site, was this a test unit ? I looked
for the video on Pump reviews and couldn't find it.

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used Waveline pumps & controllers ?
@randyBRS, I seen a waveline pump on your used/open box resale site, was this a test unit ? I looked
for the video on Pump reviews and couldn't find it.

Hey there,

This must have been a customer return item, as we have not done a video on these pumps exclusively. :)

-Randy

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there,

This must have been a customer return item, as we have not done a video on these pumps exclusively. :)

-Randy

You don't carry those -- Did you used to carry this product awhile ago? I was under the impression they're new.

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't carry those -- Did you used to carry this product awhile ago? I was under the impression they're new.

I must have misinterpreted the OP's question to mean "Waver" from Rossmont when coupled with the "Mover" pumps. Quite a while back we carried Waveline DC pumps however have removed them some time ago. I'm surprised that one would have showed up on the open box section! Unfortunately I don't have the info for each product that ends up there, so I couldn't say for sure why or if there was one listed. :)

-Randy

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quite a while back we carried Waveline DC pumps however have removed them some time ago.
This tells me what I wanted to know. Well I ordered the new Waveline Puck wavemaker a couple days ago and will give it a try. Apex Ready 3000 GPH wide flow pattern @ $129 , sounds too good to be true...will see
WAVEPUCK-II.jpg

coseal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have been looking into these as well! curious to see what you think.. some blog sites rave on them and some raved at one point and now have a different opinion! lol

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have been looking into these as well! curious to see what you think.. some blog sites rave on them and some raved at one point and now have a different opinion! lol
Ya it seems too good, and the bloggers will drag you to he!! and back, like the jabao lovers and haters.... I need a solution today and another MP40 is not in the cards until after Christmas.

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where's the used/open box resale site?
I stumbled across a E-bay site from Minnesota...A coincidence IDK, I did get some good stuff. Just checked yesterday and there's nothing but the BRS site is Loaded...another coincidence ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok finally got a chance to open & play with this. my first concern is the magnet on the motor mount in the tank.
The motor side is round and the internal tank mount is beveled or cupped to allow the motor infinite positioning , Its weak and I had to bend the cable to remove its memory from being bundled to assist with it staying put , The glass(external) to internal mtr mount is plenty strong. I followed the few programming steps and am now getting a E1 Fault code ( MTR overload, locked rotor) so I tried a few programs and settings and still not running.
Yesterday I sent a email to the retailer and received a quick response and he suggested a couple of guys at @CoralView for assistance before sending back, fair enough.

20171227_195503.jpg

20171228_202133.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FTS, tanks getting back, did a soft boot last week and removed half the live rock, major bubble algae and green algae
20171228_202211.jpg
on rock. thats a MP40 on the left for comparison

coseal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did you try to reset and run the pump not attached to the magnet mount? that review on reefbuilders shows the rotor locking up when it hits the magnet mount. was really hoping to see you give this thing a rave review...

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did you try to reset and run the pump not attached to the magnet mount? that review on reefbuilders shows the rotor locking up when it hits the magnet mount. was really hoping to see you give this thing a rave review...
I was really wanting to give a RAVE review! No I haven't tried that YET! but will tonight , I opened a service ticket this morning they are closed until the tuesday. I wish i had seen that review you mentioned, that makes perfect sense for the locked rotor and the weak magnet on motor mount.

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both my wave installed and i like the subtle flow it gives. For the price it's not bad.

826385702d610830d3b616f845490202.jpg

a5ec85233cb63a868605da8f18424a8b.jpg

I crimped my cable to use one type rj45 and have apex do the flow adjustment. At max blast it's a wide spread.

I'm inky using it to add more flow too taboo in addition to two MP60 and two tunze streams 3

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both my wave installed and i like the subtle flow it gives. For the price it's not bad.

826385702d610830d3b616f845490202.jpg

a5ec85233cb63a868605da8f18424a8b.jpg

I crimped my cable to use one type rj45 and have apex do the flow adjustment. At max blast it's a wide spread.

I'm inky using it to add more flow too taboo in addition to two MP60 and two tunze streams 3
Wow thats some flow, I just have 1 mp40 @ WOT and wanted the wide flow. Did you have any Problems at startup? do you see anything with my settings? If this has to go back he sells tunze and Ill take the credit on that

Last edited:

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had E1 to turns out the connector to the controller and pump east pushed in all the way with mine.

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had E1 to turns out the connector to the controller and pump east pushed in all the way with mine.
Well you nailed it, I reseated the cable and reboot and running. Iam liking the wide flow pattern, at 60 percent will push enough water to satisfy the opposet end of my 4' tank , but needs 100 for the entire tank. Not bad for the cash indeed

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@coseal Well its running @scuzy helped. I must say this has a very WIDE flow pattern the torch and hammers are getting blasted at higher than 60%. the difference between this and the MP40 is the 40 will do a complete
gyree throughout the tank. the wide pucks pattern disrupts the return from the opposite end. I can't wait to get my apex board finished and running with this.
BTW I see MD and a few other premium suppliers are selling these now.
thumb-up.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back