Wave Line Puck & Controller

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm odd both of mine are going full blasts. There is a way to open it to check for a snail or something stuck

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I have to say that my pump is not working, after less than a week, ugh... @premiumaquatics just ordered through you guys, do you cover at less than a week after purchase? Please message me or I will contact Jason I guess, maybe I will switch out to something like a tunze, this is not good!
Sorry to hear that , Does the motor have any vibration at all.
Check the pins on the cable connection and look for discoloration on the points of contact, the connection seems to be a troublemaker, I hope It's something simple.

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that , Does the motor have any vibration at all.
Check the pins on the cable connection and look for discoloration on the points of contact, the connection seems to be a troublemaker, I hope It's something simple.

Sadly I did check the pins, and the middle pin was disconnected/broken away from fixed location and stuck in the female end of the plug, obviously a bad pin connection/poor soldering job... Ugh, I am working with Luke @premiumaquatics , where I ordered, may try a tunze pump instead, but maybe I should try another puck, hmm.....

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly I did check the pins, and the middle pin was disconnected/broken away from fixed location and stuck in the female end of the plug, obviously a bad pin connection/poor soldering job... Ugh, I am working with Luke @premiumaquatics , where I ordered, may try a tunze pump instead, but maybe I should try another puck, hmm.....
@Perry tough break, I knew when I purchased this it was a gamble and was really hoping that it was a sleeper. If I remember this was the only power head you were running in the cube, to have a failure could have been ugly.
Mine Is supplementary so I took that chance. I don't think I would trust this or any new device as a sole method of flow. Same reason I am waiting a year to purchase the COR return pump.
Good Luck with your tank.

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Perry tough break, I knew when I purchased this it was a gamble and was really hoping that it was a sleeper. If I remember this was the only power head you were running in the cube, to have a failure could have been ugly.
Mine Is supplementary so I took that chance. I don't think I would trust this or any new device as a sole method of flow. Same reason I am waiting a year to purchase the COR return pump.
Good Luck with your tank.

Hey @siggy I appreciate the feedback, and yes this is actually supplemental to the tank. My return pump actually provides a good amount of flow, which creates a nice undertow providing plenty of flow to the young corals. As the corals grow, this will obviously change, I think the tunze nano 9040 is a better bet for my foot print and demands, and obviously more reliable. I do however see a MP40 at some point, being that one pump solution :)

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Perry what was the outcome from Premium aquatics and what did you end up with?
BTW mine is still chugging along

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear guys, I decided to go with Tunze 9040, small and controllable, and more than enough flow for now. I really hope these pumps work out, I love the settings on the controller :( Best of luck all :)

pirate2876

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had mine since they came out and no issues so far. My only runs for about 12hrs a day though. I dig these.

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may just keep this pump and use as the tank matures, @Ricardo@Coralvue message me, the pin on the pump side, male center pin, has broken off, likely why the pump not responding. I only seated the connection a few times, I think maybe one slipped through the cracks at QC. The pump is less than 2 weeks purchased, and only in action for 3 days before failing. Maybe I can warranty and replace the pump directly? Hope to hear from you my friend :) Cheers!!!

nashorn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one for 2 weeks now and so far it out performs my MP40s
It pushes a lot of water more like a wave action. I have sps close up to it and it doesn't blow off the skin like other power heads I have.
I don't even hear it running.
I'm selling my mp40 and going to pickup another.
Only bad so far it suckup my seahare and turned off. I removed what's left;Meh and it started up without any issues.

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may just keep this pump and use as the tank matures, @Ricardo@Coralvue message me, the pin on the pump side, male center pin, has broken off, likely why the pump not responding. I only seated the connection a few times, I think maybe one slipped through the cracks at QC. The pump is less than 2 weeks purchased, and only in action for 3 days before failing. Maybe I can warranty and replace the pump directly? Hope to hear from you my friend :) Cheers!!!
@Perry How did everything turn out on service

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@nashorn Yes on the water flow my hammers dislike the the mp40 strong currents this is a nice addition to supplement that. I am keeping the mp40 just scaling it back

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20180219_205430.jpg

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: Over 4 months now still going strong and dead silent. I did get a snail that stopped it once but no fowl. it needs a good cleaning now its covered in coraline and the flow has diminished slightly.
I want to mention that I have unplugged the motor cable connection several times doing maintenance and wire management and no pin issues....Still Thumbs UP!

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mines been pretty decent can't complain for the price.

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at the Coralvue site and seen this new wave pump. Same thing only different. I have been running a R.O. skimmer with the Verios drive and like it a lot . This has my interest and a TWO YEAR warranty
octopulse_2.jpg
adjustement_1.jpg

LOADED WITH INNOVATION
  • 360° Range of Adjustment
  • Articulating Magnetic Mount
  • Strong Rare Earth Magnet Impeller
  • Compact & Durable Construction
  • Silent Operation
  • 2 Year Limited Warranty*
  • 4 Pulsing Patterns
  • Dual Feed Mode - 15 or 60 min
  • 0-10 V External Controller Connection
  • *Two year warranty pertains to pump only and against manufacturer's defect....... I just seen It's pump only, now Im wondering how long on the Drive.

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry to jump in here but I have a wavepuck that ran for three weeks then died. I get an E1 message which indicates something has gotten stuck. Problem is we can’t figure out how to take it apart. There are two small tabs on the back but they’re too tight to move.

Can anyone help?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 66 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.1%
Back