Wave Maker as Kalk Stirrer

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dav2996
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dav2996

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 11, 2022
Messages
538
Reaction score
239
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would a wave maker in a 5gallon ATO be good to stir kalk? Also what commands could you use to do this with apex?
 
Kalkwasser is REALLY harsh on pumps. For something this size, I wouldn't recommend it.

I do something similar, but it's because I needed a 35g container of Kalkwasser. The pump I use is also only $10 and replaced easily.

For 90% of tanks, I wouldn't do it.
 
Kalkwasser is REALLY harsh on pumps. For something this size, I wouldn't recommend it.

I do something similar, but it's because I needed a 35g container of Kalkwasser. The pump I use is also only $10 and replaced easily.

For 90% of tanks, I wouldn't do it.
Darn I have been dosing Kalk in my 20 gallon for a long time love it. I need to dose and use kalk currently.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new