Wave maker cover?

  • Thread starter Thread starter leo12345
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

leo12345

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2022
Messages
513
Reaction score
150
Location
Austin
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wave maker is a little too strong, so I was wondering what I could use to cover it to reduce the flow and keep my fish from trying to swim into it.
 
You can use a mesh bag like you’d use for media to protect from fish getting in there, but it kills the flow substantially.

What make and model? There may be a 3d print file out there for it.
 
Upvote 0
Your fish are trying to swim into the wavemaker but reducing the flow will stop them from swimming into the wavemaker? It seems a bit odd.
 
Upvote 0
Your fish are trying to swim into the wavemaker but reducing the flow will stop them from swimming into the wavemaker? It seems a bit odd.
They swim in when it’s off for feeding. I need a cover because I’m scared I might accidentally turn on the pump with a fish still in there. But the main reason for a cover is because the flow is too high and I don’t want to get a new wavemaker.
 
Upvote 0
What type of wavemaker is it? Some wavemakers have covers that you can purchase separately.
You can also do a search on youtube, there are lots of interesting diy's on lots of products. Covers for wavemakers is a common issue so you should be able to find something, hopefully. Good luck
 
Upvote 0
I would try to get a cover for it! If you have access to a 3d Printer, you might be able to print a cover for it!
 
Upvote 0
They swim in when it’s off for feeding. I need a cover because I’m scared I might accidentally turn on the pump with a fish still in there. But the main reason for a cover is because the flow is too high and I don’t want to get a new wavemaker.
Why turn off the powerhead when feeding? I never turn mine off on any system when feeding.
Pic of the system?
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new