Wave maker for a 10 gallon tank

you could put one of those random diffusers on your return and see if that does it. low cost and no added heat.
No return. This is just a plain 10 gallon holding tank for a month or 2 for my branching lps.
 
+1 for the hygger minis

I also have a 10g frag holding tank. I have a HoB + a mini hygger pointed at each other and it works fine
 
+1 for the hygger minis

I also have a 10g frag holding tank. I have a HoB + a mini hygger pointed at each other and it works fine
That's exactly what I'm planning on doing.
 
Try this again.



20261003_135241_resized.jpg
 
I've recently ran into this problem after removing a canister filter and trying to find a wavemaker to replace the low flow it provided in my aquatop 24gal. I've tried multiple wavemakers recently with no luck. Now this probably has more to do with my tank already being established and not being able to move rocks and coral around to suit the water flow but my experience with what i recently tried:

Hygger easy control Dc Wave Maker 9w; it was quite and small but no way to angle it, moved a ton of water for a little pump at 660gph at lowest settings. Has wave, pulse and constant flow settings along with higher flow controls.

Sicce voyager nano1000: poor quality imo, rates at 270gph, some what small, great direction capabilities but the noise and vibration was the biggest downfall for me, could easily cause seal damage If the sound don't drive you crazy.

Nero 3: ugh this one hurt at around $200 be aware of the return policy from where you buy as i didn't realize BRS has a no return on items that touch water and google told me it's programmable down to 20gph which was not true. It's lowest flow is 663gph, it has a directional pivot it sits on that gives you very little angle, that is if it stays in place as it has a tendency to want to correct itself on the magnet. But overall it's quite, programmable with app and pushes a wide flow only.
Overall they didn't work in my situation as i need something in the 200gph range that won't be noisy or vibrate my tank apart.
 
This is just going to be a temporary 10 gallon bare bottom tank to hold 7-8 branching euphyllia and 4 zoanthid colonies, while I turn loose a file fish in their tank to go after aiptasia.
 
I'm going to get serious later next week and put water in it and figure out the lights.
Do I really need the controller for them?
 
Add in a NiCrew light and you've got my little frag setup... works like a charm :)
Do you have any kind of light shades?
I plugged in the light and first thing that came to mind was there seemed like alot of light spill.
 
No they have decent color and timer presets. I got one just because but not required
Do you have any idea what kind par at certain percentages?
 
Do you have any idea what kind par at certain percentages?
Mounted about 8” over the water I could get 200ish a few inches below the water and 100ish near the bottom… don’t remember what % when I actually measured but it was pretty high… 80-90 maybe? The flow was on too.
 
Mounted about 8” over the water I could get 200ish a few inches below the water and 100ish near the bottom… don’t remember what % when I actually measured but it was pretty high… 80-90 maybe? The flow was on too.
Wow, that much.
 
I have a couple hammer polyps in mine and they are happy for what it’s worth. Definitely not a permanent home but it will keep things alive
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new