Wave maker in a cube aquarium 29 gallon

  • Thread starter Thread starter ronaldo34
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ronaldo34

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 30, 2025
Messages
183
Reaction score
29
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it a good idea to have a 6 wat waver maker in my 29 cube aquarium?
 
I would say to add 2, 2 is always better than 1. Don't underestimate the importance of flow in a saltwater tank. Even my 32 gallon seahorse tank has 2 powerheads, flow is vital for a healthy tank.
 
I would say to add 2, 2 is always better than 1. Don't underestimate the importance of flow in a saltwater tank. Even my 32 gallon seahorse tank has 2 powerheads, flow is vital for a healthy tank.
The hygger one I have is pretty big and I was scared thinking it was to big but it’s a 6 way and one
 
The hygger one I have is pretty big and I was scared thinking it was to big but it’s a 6 way and one
The hygger is very bulky, I also don’t like it for that reason. I have it in my 15 right now as a temporary fix, it’s not as powerful as it is bulky. Have a look at sicce voyager nano’s. They are small and the flow is not too powerful. I have 2 of these in my seahorse tank just because they are not too strong, and I find more silent and better quality than hygger but almost the same price. Good luck whatever you choose.
 
The hygger is very bulky, I also don’t like it for that reason. I have it in my 15 right now as a temporary fix, it’s not as powerful as it is bulky. Have a look at sicce voyager nano’s. They are small and the flow is not too powerful. I have 2 of these in my seahorse tank just because they are not too strong, and I find more silent and better quality than hygger but almost the same price. Good luck whatever you choose.
IMG_2219.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new