where should I place my wave maker?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jhoan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jhoan

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 14, 2026
Messages
21
Reaction score
7
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 15 gallon cube tank and don’t know where I should place the wave maker.

Hygger222 12 wat
 
Personally I would suggest higher up in the tank to try to get some surface agitation, and aim it towards the return, so the 2 flows meet and bounce off each other to create random flow patterns.
 
I have a 15 gallon cube tank and don’t know where I should place the wave maker.

Hygger222 12 wat
Id put that tiny wave maker on the left or right panel, at the top (without sucking air) say in the middle or favouring the rear, on some random pulsing mode you like.

Perfect size for your tank.
 
I have a 15 gallon cube tank and don’t know where I should place the wave maker.

Hygger222 12 wat
Id put that tiny wave maker on the left or right panel, at the top (without sucking air) say in the middle or favouring the rear, on some random pulsing mode you like.

Perfect size for your tank.
20260920_151931_4A6B5A04-C58A-4336-9028-3D1CE7D57F80.png

Like this?
 
Personally I would suggest higher up in the tank to try to get some surface agitation, and aim it towards the return, so the 2 flows meet and bounce off each other to create random flow patterns.
My return pump is on the top right corner, would I place it on the left panel top left corner?
 
Do you have a picture of your rock work ? I put mine in the middle of the back glass of my 18 gallon tank, so flow moves around both of my islands. If I would have put it in a corner flow would mostly move around the islands and not much between them.

Picture was taken just after moving so some corals don’t look super happy here.
F7305E45-D2EF-49CB-A2B9-BDBA9C02C549.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new