Wave maker suggestion for abnormal tank dimensions

Thomas Jedlicka

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2020
Messages
345
Reaction score
328
Location
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everybody, I am looking to get a wave maker as I don't get enough circulation in my opinion. I find that due to the dimensions of my tank, the circulation doesn't always reach the sand, and I get dead spots of circulation where food and waste gathers.

The dimensions of my tank are 5 ft wide, 3 ft deep, and 4 ft tall. It is sort of a peninsula. The two largest panes of acrylic are completely exposed. Half of one side panel is exposed. There are images below which may help. The panes are an inch thick.

The height makes it hard for good circulation. I am currently not running any wave makers. I am looking to do a simple mixed reef with easy corals and want to knock out two birds with one stone. I don’t really have a budget for wave makers. What should I get, and where should I place it/them?

C5B73533-AB0E-4B58-B4B1-DCA038539968.jpeg

F967F6FB-08C3-4DDA-9081-E236BA83E8B6.jpeg

4931FDAF-E668-4B60-BD80-748387A06E4D.jpeg
 
I would probably go 4 x Vortech MP40's mounted top and bottom on opposite ends or 2 x Vortech MP60's mounted centrally on opposite ends.

Won't be cheap though.
 
I would probably go 4 x Vortech MP40's mounted top and bottom on opposite ends or 2 x Vortech MP60's mounted centrally on opposite ends.

Won't be cheap though.
One thing I forgot to mention is that the power source would need to go into the tank. I have power sources above my tank but not on the exterior of my tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new