Wave maker suggestions

  • Thread starter Thread starter Baldyreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Baldyreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 26, 2025
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
982
Location
Rancho Cucamonga
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help figuring out what wave maker I should get for my 15g cube, anything controllable and on the smaller side is perfect, was thinking this so far
20260825_205656_76C6B10A-FF8B-4640-AA7F-40B0BFD31CB8.png
 
I like the Nero 3, I think, the smallest of the bunch.

That is for smaller tanks.


I guess depends what you want to spend. 😁
So far just trying to keep it under 100 dollars and I can just upgrade later down the line if I need to (all this because my csb decided to plant itself in the only spot of the new tank that the the normal return pumps flow can’t get to😖)
 
I just bought that hyyger last weekend for my own 15 gallon, it works fine, I'm really happy with it for the low price. I also have one of those jebao's and also have a nero 3, they will all work very well IMO
 
I would avoid the hygger. I got one off amazon for my cold plunge actually cause it was cheap and just needs to make sure the plunge doesn't get stagnant... it lasted maybe 3 months.
 
got it I'll keep that in mind and do further research, thanks for all the help and suggestions you were all a great help 😁
 
I would say that I just replace the slw once every 12-18 months. It begins to get pretty loud after 12 months. But for $50-$60 I think it’s hard to beat. It’s also in my office on my desk so I am always trying to have quiet equipment.
 
I need help figuring out what wave maker I should get for my 15g cube, anything controllable and on the smaller side is perfect, was thinking this so far
20260825_205656_76C6B10A-FF8B-4640-AA7F-40B0BFD31CB8.png
I do like Hygger and have used their wave makers for my nanos. I do not recommend this particular model though. It is really loud. They used to have a flatter version that works really well.
 
I have a Nero 3 in my 15 gallon. I really like it. The app makes setting the flow and speed fairly seamless.
 
I need help figuring out what wave maker I should get for my 15g cube, anything controllable and on the smaller side is perfect, was thinking this so far
20260825_205656_76C6B10A-FF8B-4640-AA7F-40B0BFD31CB8.png
I do like Hygger and have used their wave makers for my nanos. I do not recommend this particular model though. It is really loud. They used to have a flatter version that works really well.
Do you by any chance know what it was called?
 
I need help figuring out what wave maker I should get for my 15g cube, anything controllable and on the smaller side is perfect, was thinking this so far
20260825_205656_76C6B10A-FF8B-4640-AA7F-40B0BFD31CB8.png
I do like Hygger and have used their wave makers for my nanos. I do not recommend this particular model though. It is really loud. They used to have a flatter version that works really well.
Do you by any chance know what it was called?
I think it was this one. The controller looks different, but it was some time ago that I bought it and they likely changed it.

https://www.amazon.com/hygger-Adjus...id=1787841253&sprefix=hygger+,aps,207&sr=8-13
 
I need help figuring out what wave maker I should get for my 15g cube, anything controllable and on the smaller side is perfect, was thinking this so far
20260825_205656_76C6B10A-FF8B-4640-AA7F-40B0BFD31CB8.png
I do like Hygger and have used their wave makers for my nanos. I do not recommend this particular model though. It is really loud. They used to have a flatter version that works really well.
Do you by any chance know what it was called?
I think it was this one. The controller looks different, but it was some time ago that I bought it and they likely changed it.

https://www.amazon.com/hygger-Adjus...id=1787841253&sprefix=hygger+,aps,207&sr=8-13
Thanks it seems to have way better reviews than the one I was thinking
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new