Wave Point Blade or Zetlight

Chessmanmark

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 5, 2014
Messages
611
Reaction score
622
Location
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't changed the bulbs in my Oceanic Biocube 14 in a very long time. I can buy some new bulbs, but I was thinking of trying something different. I have multiple tanks so this all-in-one isn't for growing exotic corals. It looks nice in the family room with a clown fish and a wrasse in it. The only corals in it right now are mushrooms.

I got an e-mail from BRS advertising the Zetlight LED-
http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/za-12..._campaign=education&utm_content=newprod_92216

And then I came across the Wave Point Blade-
http://m.marinedepot.com/products/zp01407/wave-point-blade-ho-led-aquarium-light-super-blue-10k

The Zetlight is 16 watts while the Wave Point is 18 watts. I was wondering if this would be comparable to one of the PC bulbs which is what I run most of the time. It seems easy enough to put one of these lights inside the hood of the Biocube without much fuss.

Anyone have one of these lights? Anyone want to weigh in on these lights?
 
My blade ho has been working fine for me so far but i will be upgrading it to prime soon


3e32a243be670c3ccb8c0cb780904db1.jpg


6375a3b68ce151c3aa85849cf7134cab.jpg


7228cbbdb20cac838c40b7a5e294e542.jpg
 
That's a nice little tank. The light looks great on that. Brighter than I expected. How many gallons is your nano? Looks like 5 or 6 gallons.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new