Wave pump noise??

Parasite1971

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
Has anyone found a way to dampen the noise made buy wave makers? Specifically Jeboa ones? They are not too bad until I attach them with the magnet. I have them on the plastic at the back of my Biocube and that helped a bit but the smaller SW4 is quite loud...

Any help would be great! Thanks!

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SW's are notorious for being loud and have always failed quickly on me... I used silicone pot holders cut with sissors and put it in-between the magnets inside the tank, it helped some. OW series of jebeos are fairly quiet and much better pumps. I own the ow-20, ow-40 and ow-50's

OP
OP
Parasite1971

Parasite1971

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SW's are notorious for being loud and have always failed quickly on me... I used silicone pot holders cut with sissors and put it in-between the magnets inside the tank, it helped some. OW series of jebeos are fairly quiet and much better pumps. I own the ow-20, ow-40 and ow-50's
Worth a try!

I was just shocked that the smaller SW4 was this much louder than the SW8.
Thanks!

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran the SW15's and they sounded like an airplane lol haha never again. OW's are a dream come true

shorediver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using a pair of RW4s in my new tank. (So new that I only just put the salt in it yesterday and ran the wavemakers for the first time to mix it.) I think these are the same powerhead unit as the SW4.

One of them is quiet, a gentle hum even at full power that isn't noticeable on steady flow. And that's attached with its magnet to the tank without modifications. The other is a buzzy, clattery piece of junk and will be going back to Amazon. It's intolerably loud, like an outsize cellphone vibrating on a glass table, only continuous.

From what I'm reading here, my quiet unit must be unusually good. We'll see how long it lasts.

Protein Skimmers – Are They Really Necessary?

• YES

Votes: 69 52.3%
  • NO

Votes: 41 31.1%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 19 14.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back