Wavebox 6208 magnet strength?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Waters
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2013
Messages
9,413
Reaction score
20,980
Location
Mentor, OH
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posted this in the Tunze forum also.......looking to install the Wavebox 6208 on a new Cade aquarium, which has 3/4" glass. Doesn't appear the magnet will be strong enough according to the manual. Any fixes for this....or is the magnet strength (hopefully) stronger than the manual suggests lol? Anyone using one of these on thicker glass?
 
I don't know about the magnet but I recently watched a BRS video about the wavebox. It was cool to see it in action but as mentioned in the video it can shorten a tanks life. There's a lot of weight being rocked back in forth! Not sure I'd ever care for that myself. :)

 
My glass is an inch thick. The provided magnets hang on, but just barely. I started using 2 old heavy duty magnet cleaners on the outside to hold mine in place.
Is the wavebox on your 900 gallon? I'd love to see that wave motion in that size of a tank. I can't imagine! :)

Welcome to R2R too!
 
Posted this in the Tunze forum also.......looking to install the Wavebox 6208 on a new Cade aquarium, which has 3/4" glass. Doesn't appear the magnet will be strong enough according to the manual. Any fixes for this....or is the magnet strength (hopefully) stronger than the manual suggests lol? Anyone using one of these on thicker glass?
I've never used one on glass but it held on my 3/4" acrylic about 10 years ago when I had one
I don't know about the magnet but I recently watched a BRS video about the wavebox. It was cool to see it in action but as mentioned in the video it can shorten a tanks life. There's a lot of weight being rocked back in forth! Not sure I'd ever care for that myself. :)


I've never used one in a glass tank but I'd be way more worried about the stand than the tank. The motion has been known to make stands shift back and forth
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new