Wavemaker and placement for this tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rawsreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rawsreef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2021
Messages
563
Reaction score
275
Location
miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

Looking for wavemaker suggestions for this tank. I'm thinking a pair of nero 3 to place on the back wall.

I would love mp10s, only reason I am not thinking of going with them is because I would like to place the wavemakers on the back glass to keep them as hidden as possible.

Jebaos are also an option I may go with since they're similar to neros, but not as strong.


Tank is going to be an SPS dominant IM lagoon 25G. Approximately 24lx20wx12h

PXL_20240926_201110580.MP.jpg
PXL_20240927_223429756.MP.jpg PXL_20240927_223409464.MP.jpg PXL_20240927_221549021.MP.jpg
 
Go with your gut, I have mine both in the middle on opposite sides with one higher than the other, one angled up one angled down and have had no problems. Too be fair I’m no expert, just trying too help. If your ever in a pinch you tube is your best friend
 
I can't help with your question, but I need to say that is a lovely tank. I can't wait to see it one it's set up and has some life in it. You scape looks amazing.
 
Hey everyone,

Looking for wavemaker suggestions for this tank. I'm thinking a pair of nero 3 to place on the back wall.

I would love mp10s, only reason I am not thinking of going with them is because I would like to place the wavemakers on the back glass to keep them as hidden as possible.

Jebaos are also an option I may go with since they're similar to neros, but not as strong.


Tank is going to be an SPS dominant IM lagoon 25G. Approximately 24lx20wx12h

PXL_20240926_201110580.MP.jpg
PXL_20240927_223429756.MP.jpg PXL_20240927_223409464.MP.jpg PXL_20240927_221549021.MP.jpg
The MP10’s are great and the Jaebo SOW-4 would be a nice option as well. If your looking to run two on the back glass and save a little coin, I have used the Hygger Mini Wavemakers in my nano tanks and in my RedSea 250.. again not the top name brand but they have been some nice powerhorses for us. Easy to clean. good luck!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new