Wavemaker controllers?? - 4 pumps in gyre mode (2 sync, 2 anti sync)

Mbritt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, after 20 years away from this hobby there have been a lot of great advances. However I am quite disappointed in finding a simple controller for powerheads that will do 4 pumps in a simple gyre mode (2 pumps on each end. 1 set synchronized and the other set in anti sync). I currently have 4 MP10s and the pumps are good but Mobius app does not turn off the other pumps when they switch back and forth. The one pump is always running like 2-5%. I have a shallow reef and I'm looking to do a gyre mode. However when I tried this, because the other pumps wont turn off it causes a lot of turbulence and they basically fight each other. Does anyone know the easiest controller to do this with? I have an Apex but havent tried to do it with that yet. Is this just a mobius thing? Any help / direction is greatly appreciated

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you're ultimately limited to the settings within Mobius, I'm not sure that the Neptune-compatible ones you have will offer anything different through the Apex. I gave up on the whole sync/anti-sync and just run my gyres on random half the time.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back