Wavemaker position

vayne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I recently got my Waterbox 35.2 running, and we have as inhabitants:

x2 Chromis
x2 Clownfish
x1 Goldhead Goby
x1 Fire Goby
x3 Hermit crabs

I have set up the wavemakers like this and altho I have no issues with dead zones or food build up in a corner, I was wondering If its optimal running them as they are. I read some time ago that it was good to point them towards the surface for gas exchange but not sure if both is good.

My questions are, should I point them differently?

Should I run one of them in a different wave pattern other than just constant wave in same direction?

Wavemakers are:
Tunze 6105 nanostream (1.800 l/h)
Sun Sun CW 110 (500-4000 l/h can change speed and wave pattern)

20230923_114139.jpg

tsharpe291

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I recently got my Waterbox 35.2 running, and we have as inhabitants:

x2 Chromis
x2 Clownfish
x1 Goldhead Goby
x1 Fire Goby
x3 Hermit crabs

I have set up the wavemakers like this and altho I have no issues with dead zones or food build up in a corner, I was wondering If its optimal running them as they are. I read some time ago that it was good to point them towards the surface for gas exchange but not sure if both is good.

My questions are, should I point them differently?

Should I run one of them in a different wave pattern other than just constant wave in same direction?

Wavemakers are:
Tunze 6105 nanostream (1.800 l/h)
Sun Sun CW 110 (500-4000 l/h can change speed and wave pattern)

20230923_114139.jpg
Not a bad idea to run them in different patterns, random flow is best. I don’t think it’s a once set it’s done. See how your tank and inhabitants react and adjust if necessary. Every tank is different

Back