Waterbox AIO 35.2

vayne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. After further thinking and with some feedback from the community I opt to go the AIO route for now, coming from a very humble nano Bluemarine 60 tank. I had that tank for around 1 year and a half, I do not despise it at all, served me well the past year, however, I must point out some limitations it has, very tiny comportment and basically no Skimmer can fit on the back, I have still no idea how I managed to fit in my current nano skimmer.

So my upgrade consists of the following, I am going to name also which things I will bring from my old tank and I also have some questions, so it would be greatly appreciated if you guys can shine some light on my concerns and doubts. I will include as much info as possible.

New Tank - Waterbox AIO 35.2 G 125l
Skimmer - Tunze comline doc skimmer 9001
Return Pump - EHEIM compactON 600
Lightning - AI Prime 16HD x1
Wavemaker - SunSun CW-110 Wavemaker Flow Pump 500-4000l/h 10W Controller Aquarium Water Pump x1 and Tunze Turbelle nanostream 6015 x1
Lid - Mesh lid from Waterbox
Sand - CaribSea Aragalive Fiji Pink 9,07kg

Livestock - Two Hermit Crabs, Two Chromis, and one Emerald Crab.. although I am definitely getting rid of the emerald crab, I found him eating my GSP a while ago.

For now, I don't have that much livestock that justifies a cabinet sump, so I will go with just the AIO system for now - that and budget reasons too.

1. I need a decent 5-stage Osmosis RO/DI system that is not too expensive, would this one work out? https://shorturl.at/nzDFM

2. Additionally, I own AI Prime 16HD but that's about like 55 watts if I recall, so because the tank is 35.2 gallons I would need additional two AI Prime 16HD lights right to top 150 watts. It won't be just fish as livestock I plan to have GSP mainly as my coral of choice and nothing else for a long time until I have an established tank.. or is it wrong and I need fewer watts, I am a bit confused regarding this topic. It's around 4 to 8 watts per gallon for a reef tank and this one is 35g so it would need anywhere between 140 - 250 watts right?

Last edited:
OP
OP
vayne

vayne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping the thread had one more question concerning rock.. I have abt 9kg on my tank but is it worth bleaching it since its all covered in algae and I dont want to bring that to the new tank..

Or just buy some dry rock

cpoynter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you like those particular rocks, go ahead and bleach them. As far as lighting goes, what are you planning on keeping? Two AI Primes should be adequate for LPS in that particular tank.

flatlander93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure watts per gallon is really a thing to worry about. What are the tank dimensions? That should decide your light plan along with your livestock goals.

OP
OP
vayne

vayne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you like those particular rocks, go ahead and bleach them. As far as lighting goes, what are you planning on keeping? Two AI Primes should be adequate for LPS in that particular tank.
For now I just plan on keeping a Green Star Polyp, make an island just for her. Additionally maybe Zoanthids also heard they are poisonous so I am a bit afraid.. and Bubble Coral.

OP
OP
vayne

vayne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure watts per gallon is really a thing to worry about. What are the tank dimensions? That should decide your light plan along with your livestock goals.
Dimensions (LxWxH): 600 x 500 x 450mm (23.6" x 19.7" x 17.7").. I plan on having 3 corals and, cleaning crew and some chromis for now

OP
OP
vayne

vayne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two AI primes would be plenty. Honestly, you could probably get away with one.
Thank you cpoynter.
Had just one more question, usually I buy Osmose water from our local aquarium shop, but i feel like in the long run would be cheaper to own a decent RO/DI system. I saw some on Amazon but im a bit clueless if they could work out.
This is the one I found

1683960708299.png

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6795EB79-8AE1-449B-B6A0-CA8774FB6408.jpeg
This is my rodi works good and was about £65 pounds . You can add other pods to them to suit your requirements hope this helps

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two AI primes would be plenty. Honestly, you could probably get away with one.
One AI prime is plenty, that light you can get some serious amount of light from them. You can overdrive the lights. As an example you can only get 100% on all channels but your not going to be adding much red or green light and will be limiting the white so with that the other channels can go well above 100%. Ppl keep lots of different Coral in these tanks with a single prime HD.

Boehmtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One light is more than enough for anything you're gonna keep in that tank I'd personally run no skimmer and put more money into your water station

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@cpoynter had a valid reason for adding a second AI prime to his tank, he doesn't want shadows so kudos to him for doing so. Personal choice right! He asked about if the particular skimmer fits so it's obvious he has a valid reason for adding one.

This tank has tons of room for media or water station as your calling it. I'm really not sure what you mean with that comment?

He can use the socks, he can drop in intank basket in both sides, have a skimmer in there and also has the added room for the other side as well, so really it's a great concept how it's layed out. :cool:

Poseidon’s Son

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I’m thinking about buying this 35 gallon wondering if the tunzee 9001 fits nice in the back of the compartment and if it functions properly

Aeb1419

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. Two AI primes is better. I actually have two 16HDs ill be selling in about a month. Let me know if you are interested.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 118 76.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 12 7.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 22 14.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back