Wavemaker/Powerheads for a 40g I.M Cube.

Budman93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone, just ordered a 40g nuvo fusion 2 from I.M. I have an ocean revive light from 6 years ago that miraculously still works (Will upgrade down the line) But something I absolutely do need is a wavemaker/powerhead for my tank. I like the idea of a wavemaker keeping a low profile in my tank but am open to anything. Should I be targeting a specific GPH? The MightyJet return pump should handle 538 GPH but I think I read I I should be targeting 50x tank size minimum? (Seems kind of arbitrary and made up but if people are having success with certain GPH I certainly will follow).

Looking at gorgonians, monti's, various lps, and maybe some SPS further down the line. Anyone really happy with their wavemaker/powerheads on their nanos?

Jason_MrFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I used an mp10 on my 24gal. My original 40B, I had used 2x maxjet 1200 with the nozzles cut off and on a switching power source.

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have used lots of different power heads over the years but I always gravitate back to Ecotech Vortex. They are pricey but work extremely well and built to last for years. Its also super easy to sell when you need to as they are highly sought .

OP
OP
Budman93

Budman93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Guys, The MP10 looks amazing. Might be out of my price range at the moment but I think it's something down the line that I would like to upgrade too.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back