Wavepoint T5

Calmwaters

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know most use LED lights these days but my tank will come with a Wavepoint T5 with 4 bulbs if I can get it to work is this a decent light? The guy I'm getting it from said he's pretty sure it's the ballast that needs replacing. He's going to get me the model number when he's at home of that would help.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know most use LED lights these days but my tank will come with a Wavepoint T5 with 4 bulbs if I can get it to work is this a decent light? The guy I'm getting it from said he's pretty sure it's the ballast that needs replacing. He's going to get me the model number when he's at home of that would help.
Believe replacing the ballast isn't that easy.

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of those and they are very well constructed! They have a glass lens instead of acrylic! The feet are stable and made out of good quality plastic! Yes, very easy to open! An elecrician shouldn't have any problem, once he finds the ballast! I use for quarantine or when I move. You need to know if the fixture will cover most of the tank's surface area. It has a pretty decent spread though! Way better then most LEDs IMO!!!

OP
OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of those and they are very well constructed! They have a glass lens instead of acrylic! The feet are stable and made out of good quality plastic! Yes, very easy to open! An elecrician shouldn't have any problem, once he finds the ballast! I use for quarantine or when I move. You need to know if the fixture will cover most of the tank's surface area. It has a pretty decent spread though! Way better then most LEDs IMO!!!
Thank you!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 91 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.0%
Back