WB Mini 25 Peninsula Plywood Stand Build

jsmith7751

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I recently ordered a Waterbox 25-gallon tank... Upgrading from a Fluval Evo 13.5. I wanted to build a quality stand and got some inspiration from another individual on here. Here are some pictures of the stand in its current form. (Please ignore the mess in my family's garage, I am in the middle of moving) Share your thoughts! I plan to update this thread as I finish and complete the build.

I used 3/4" Birch Plywood (Picked up from my local Lowes). The width and length are flush with the dimensions of the tank. It stands about 30 inches high. All joints are utilizing waterproof gorilla glue and pocket screws. There are doors on both sides of the cabinet, giving much more flexibility for placement and access.

Next steps:
1) Adding a shelf inside of the stand, drilling some larger holes for wire management
2) Adding adjustable feet under the stand
3) Filling the edges and joints of the plywood wood filler
4) Sand, prime, paint, and then seal

I am happy with the progress so far. This is one of my first wood projects so I am happy I made it this far! Pending the finished quality of the stand, I have given some thought to fabricating and selling tank stands of a similar fashion. What do you guys think would be a fair price for a stand like this? (Assuming the finished product is of "high-quality" and "craftsmanship") There do not appear to be a ton of stand options like this. There is certainly some finishing work to be done but I am confident it'll turn out great! Thanks for reading.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back