WD Acro placement

PghReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a WD acro frag a few days ago. Was an accidental frag off of mother colony from a local reefer, been healing and growing on the plug for a couple months at least in his frag system. Mostly green atm, I know this is common in New frags and pieces not getting enough light, but I've seen the mother colony and can't wait to see it color up. It's already encrusted most of the plug.

My question is on placement. I know they need high light to color up. I was certain I wanted it in one spot but am now second guessing my choice. Also have a flamethrower table, poisen envy, and joker 2.0 coming at some point from battle corals soon.

I circled my two main spots. I was originally thinking on the far right circle. It's s high point but would be on the edge of the t5s and a little behind the center of the kessil. My new thought is on the left circle. Directly under the t5s, and almost snack dab in the middle of one of the kessils.

20210204_103651.jpg
20210204_103741.jpg

Thoughts?

OP
OP
P

PghReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like my original guy was correct. Right side it is. I'll find something else that needs high light for the left lol.

Gernader

Reefing is a never-ending addiction...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Beautiful. Is that bubble algae in the background? Is actually very pretty but I know it can be a menace.
Thanks. Yep, that’s bubble algae because of my high phosphates. It’s not a problem with my acros though.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 67 79.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • Other

Votes: 5 6.0%
Back