We all hate them, Dinos! I have a cure...

mannyhernz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your fish will be good brotha, I know it's weird not feeding them but they will be fine. In nature fish don't eat everyday, we all spoil them by feeding everyday and some multiple times a day. I've gone away for the weekend on a couple of different times plus also completed this process without feeding my fish and there fine. I also keep a anthia in my tank too. One more day! I Think I'm just as excited as you cause I know how much of a pain dinos are and it will be nice when you don't have to deal with them any longer.
Yea...ive had a couple of prized sps that were eaten/murdered by those little SOB's...cant wait for them to be gone

OP
OP
FL_Reefer

FL_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know how you feel, I bought a buddy of mines tank cause he was getting out of the hobby and it was packed full of coral from SPS to mushrooms. Not 2 weeks later my tank was hit with dinos. I lost about 35% of what I had so I feel Ya brotha. And that was in addition to what corals I had been collecting for a few years.

mannyhernz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know how you feel, I bought a buddy of mines tank cause he was getting out of the hobby and it was packed full of coral from SPS to mushrooms. Not 2 weeks later my tank was hit with dinos. I lost about 35% of what I had so I feel Ya brotha. And that was in addition to what corals I had been collecting for a few years.
Yeeeeaaaooouch!...yea dinos are definitely the worst in the reefin community.

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea...ive had a couple of prized sps that were eaten/murdered by those little SOB's...cant wait for them to be gone
Yes the toxins they produce are no joke.
We lost some great coral here that's why I got on the ball several months early on this subject

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look what I got big T. How would I start to dose it ? Will it bother any of corals or sticks ?

c0f5331d296ccc79bcd7265e0c190473.jpg

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There it is!
So far nothing is adversely effected by the use in our tank.
Fish, inverts, corals all looking good and recovering slowly from the massive breakout
I have faith in this method ;)

Easy to dose I think I don't know how coarse the powder is in the bottle.
Make sure it's a fine powder and mix well. What I am using doesn't break down all the way.

mannyhernz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well took off cover yesterday...filter maintenaced it.
And so far no dinos. I do see 2 frags stned..and others have been eaten at the base and tips by dinos. Fish are well...returned to normal lighting and havent seen a brown strand yet...crossing fingers.

mannyhernz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonder if i can use metroplex as a maintenance additive? To ensure no dino comeback

OP
OP
FL_Reefer

FL_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well took off cover yesterday...filter maintenaced it.
And so far no dinos. I do see 2 frags stned..and others have been eaten at the base and tips by dinos. Fish are well...returned to normal lighting and havent seen a brown strand yet...crossing fingers.

That's good to hear Manny! Sucks about some of the corals but it seams like you had dino pretty bad? Can you post some pics? How badly was your tank infested with dino before this process?

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only makes them sterile correct? That is the reason i was asking if it would be a good maintenance additive to ensure eradication..
I am thinking of adding this into my treatment book as I see no harm from metronidazole it may be a good thing to keep on hand.
I also may do a last 250mg dose in our tank at 14 days as preventive measures

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 134 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 108 34.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back