We all have that head honcho in "Our" tank..

Bud Crayne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
My little Pygmy angel, a lone survivor of an ich outbreak from a year ago. I only have seven small fish now.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In years past, I had a 55 gallon with a tomato clownfish and a purple dottyback in it.

They were the _only_ fish in it.

No matter how many I tried to introduce.

And the dottyback hid.

All the time.

Unless he was rushing out to help the tomato kill the newcomer . . .

~Bruce

weasel440

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is nuts! I've never heard of these fish being aggressive!!!!

He's really strange at his tactics. Unless it's normal. He darts at his victims and "like" headbutting them, but not gently. I'm assuming he is causing internal damage to the fish. I see another green chromis he is harassing, but it's smart and avoids his vision.

Also forgot about his last victim. Or at least I suspect him. I had a good sized blue / red fairy wrasse. About 5 times the size of him. Found him on the floor when I came home.

Oldone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Female Clownfish is the boss of the tank. Although the Neon Dottyback doesn't take any garbage from her. Lucky The Dottyback doesn't get to be 6 inches long. A lot of fish would be in trouble in a lot of aquariums.:eek:

Leslie Tabor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I LOVE this thread! Lol so the "boss" in my tank...Nicodemus my beautiful...MIDAS blenny! Sweet community fish my hiney! Nips me on a regular basis, and keeps the 2nd in command...Zeus, my male lyre tail anthia, in check. Their "battles" are quite funny to watch! After that, it is my tomini tang, but he is a marshmallow in comparison! I love all the personalities, no guarantee in life! Haha

BrettMallette

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently its a toss up between the two big guys my clarkii and powder brown. But before that it was a blue damsel the size of a quarter.
20170304_185954.jpg

OP
OP
eliramos

eliramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I LOVE this thread! Lol so the "boss" in my tank...Nicodemus my beautiful...MIDAS blenny! Sweet community fish my hiney! Nips me on a regular basis, and keeps the 2nd in command...Zeus, my male lyre tail anthia, in check. Their "battles" are quite funny to watch! After that, it is my tomini tang, but he is a marshmallow in comparison! I love all the personalities, no guarantee in life! Haha

Wow! A Midas huh!
Mine is an absolute angel I've never seen any aggression from her!

reeftank220master

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I think we all can agree as much as we would love to be the bosses of our tanks we really aren't [emoji30].
Once those fish enter that tank. It is now theirs.
So who has gone into YOUR tank and has made it THEIRS.
For me I have trio.
First in command is "bowser" the yellow tang. If he doesn't like you, it's going to be a rough few weeks.
IMG_4453.JPG

But if somehow you get on his good graces then you have to deal with "Picasso" the exquisite wrasse. Who doesn't care how old or new you are you will get flashed at least ten times a day lol
IMG_4449.JPG

And last but not least we have "Pyro" the red fin fairy wrasse. Who has recently started to make his name known in the tank. I think it's because I've added a female solarensis but that's just me lol
IMG_4451.JPG

These three guys have definitely locked their spots in the tank. And as bad as I want to flush them sometimes I love them.
So I would love to know who runs the roost in all your tanks and do you regret buying them at all?
I've got 2 bosses running my tank..lol
18120.jpeg
20170220_193639.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back