We are having a meeting!

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys. Thanks for hanging in there. It's been a while but we are going to have a get together. I've talked with Eric at the Marine magnet School in Groton and we are setting up something for either late April or early May. We have a general framework of what the meeting will be like but would love to hear people's ideas and suggestions of what they would like to see happen so that maybe we can incorporate some of these ideas. Stay tuned. We should have a day and time by the end of next week

fltt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just my 2 cents, I live in Oxford and there is no way with my busy life I can travel to Groton. However, what if we zoom in from a LFS or a sponsor from the southern part of the state. We can have 2 locations or maybe more. Or just zoom from home. Plenty of options.

OP
OP
kgstei

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just my 2 cents, I live in Oxford and there is no way with my busy life I can travel to Groton. However, what if we zoom in from a LFS or a sponsor from the southern part of the state. We can have 2 locations or maybe more. Or just zoom from home. Plenty of options.
I absolutely agree. We're starting here because quite frankly it's closest to me and they said yes. My hope is that we generate enough interest in the club to have meetings statewide. I've already talked with Max Reef in Bridgeport and they are super excited to have us come down. I have no doubt that other LFS's would also be happy to have us. My goal is to put together a general guideline and template for meetings so that members who are local to the meeting location can run the meeting. Having zoom participation in the meetings is a great idea and I have some thoughts on that but I personally don't have the expertise to do that. I'll be putting up a notice pretty soon for a zoom meeting so that we can discuss things.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a great idea.
Can't wait for the details!

pdcatania

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Groton is an easy drive for me and going to the Marine Science Magnet School is always awesome. When we get the time and day of the meeting finalized, let me know and I will put some posts on Facebook. Saturdays are probably the worst day for me, Sundays are usually good.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back