?We Triton much?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the deal BRS?

11797f1baaf256b5d86c8f8b7e0924ab.png

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're pushing it really hard and all they had to do was tell people "buy this and you never have to do water changes again". That's how you sell a product in the reefing world. Tell people they can stop doing a task that requires time and money (and in the fine print replace it with something that is different but actually demands MORE time and money$

OP
OP
bif24701

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're pushing it really hard and all they had to do was tell people "buy this and you never have to do water changes again". That's how you sell a product in the reefing world. Tell people they can stop doing a task that requires time and money (and in the fine print replace it with something that is different but actually demands MORE time and money$

Perfect

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's not true at all I have spent a lot less time and money doing the triton way and have had growth I have never seen before also the picture he showed was only of the tests that has nothing to do with the triton method that's just to see what's in ur water and what changes to make to get back to natural sea water. In six months I have spent 59 dollars on the triton method supliments 50 dollars on a test and have done only a couple water changes and that was only because my carbon exploded. Can the method be expensive yes it can esp if u have a tank over 180 gallons but to just say that if u buy this test u never have to do a water change without all of the facts is wrong and ur just doing what u wrote.

Bif if u really want to see what a triton tank looks like the good and bad just search this forum and u will find the good and bad. But to test ur water with a triton test has nothing to do with the triton method. And is worth every penny to see what is in ur water at a level a hobbyist can never test for. unique corals and manhattan reef also sells the triton test. If u really can't wait.

Jlentz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lol. Probably true.

I'm looking into it because I HATE testing anything more than alk...

The Red Sea trace elements kit was the last straw.

OP
OP
bif24701

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's not true at all I have spent a lot less time and money doing the triton way and have had growth I have never seen before also the picture he showed was only of the tests that has nothing to do with the triton method that's just to see what's in ur water and what changes to make to get back to natural sea water. In six months I have spent 59 dollars on the triton method supliments 50 dollars on a test and have done only a couple water changes and that was only because my carbon exploded. Can the method be expensive yes it can esp if u have a tank over 180 gallons but to just say that if u buy this test u never have to do a water change without all of the facts is wrong and ur just doing what u wrote.

Bif if u really want to see what a triton tank looks like the good and bad just search this forum and u will find the good and bad. But to test ur water with a triton test has nothing to do with the triton method. And is worth every penny to see what is in ur water at a level a hobbyist can never test for. unique corals and manhattan reef also sells the triton test. If u really can't wait.

I don't have a problem with the method. It's just that folks are really quick to jump on the next reefing band wagon. Triton seems great to me in fact I've ordered a test for my system to see where I stand though I do not plan to use the full Triton method. I would not have been looking at buying the test at BRS had I not.

I use Kalk and water changes, old school but highly effective and simple.

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with bif24701. I have no problem with the testing. I think it's actually solving a real problem we had in the reefing world which is a lab grade complete analysis of water, in an easy to digest format. I'd love to eventually do a triton test myself out of curiosity.

I also have no problem with the triton method. It's fine. I take issue with a couple aspects of it for my own personal tank, so I won't use it, but by and large it's not a wildly new philosophy. Dose what your tests say to dose.

I gotta admit though. I absolutely must roll my eyes at the fact that since BRS did a video (a trusted source by many, and they get a lot of viewers, I for one look forward to their videos), I am hearing and reading left and right on forums and from individuals I know now suddenly, that water changes are ineffective. In my entire time in the hobby, the obvious has been there, yeah we know they only remove or add elements in whatever percentages you're swapping. That doesn't make them pointless. Doesn't make them ineffective. They're taking a bit of creative license in advertising a new product.

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the deal BRS?

Yeah, these went pretty fast but there are a bunch more coming in later this week or early next week! :)

Personally, I'm not interested in using the entire Triton method on my own tank here in the office or at home but I do see some value in shipping out a test or two each year. There's so much information you get from them that you can't replicate with a hobby-grade test kit and that is valuable to me. I still like my 60% water changes and a single filter sock for my SPS dominate 40gal Nuvo here in the office....and the results speak for themselves! ;)

-Randy

OP
OP
bif24701

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, these went pretty fast but there are a bunch more coming in later this week or early next week! :)

Personally, I'm not interested in using the entire Triton method on my own tank here in the office or at home but I do see some value in shipping out a test or two each year. There's so much information you get from them that you can't replicate with a hobby-grade test kit and that is valuable to me. I still like my 60% water changes and a single filter sock for my SPS dominate 40gal Nuvo here in the office....and the results speak for themselves! ;)

-Randy

Agreed. It is nice you could piece together your own system along with testing. This is my first test and excited to see the results. I plan to purchase a pack when back in stock.

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still like my 60% water changes and a single filter sock for my SPS dominate 40gal Nuvo here in the office....and the results speak for themselves! ;)

-Randy

You bring up an interesting perspective. My system is about 250 gallons, so my water changes would cost about 6 times as much as yours. I can't assume that a method that is cost effective for you would also be cost effective for me.

Don't get started on "results" comparisons. The only things I've been successful with are aptasia and bryopsis!

Back