Week 4 of tank set up and new here

Nataleeia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, new member here, havent done this hobby for a long time. I have a 115 litre tank with sand and dry rock, todays reading ammonia 0, nitrite 0.25 and nitrate 20ppm. Ive been reading on here to not read nitrite and take this as my tank is cycled. Am I right in thinking I need to do a water change and I can get adding some fish slowly now?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, new member here, havent done this hobby for a long time. I have a 115 litre tank with sand and dry rock, todays reading ammonia 0, nitrite 0.25 and nitrate 20ppm. Ive been reading on here to not read nitrite and take this as my tank is cycled. Am I right in thinking I need to do a water change and I can get adding some fish slowly now?

Welcome! Glad you joined. Sounds like you are well on your way!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Bristol (if US):

This might help you find people local to you in Bristol (if UK or otherwise outside USA):

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

JZ199

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!! Looking forward to seeing your tanks progress!! Once ammonia zeros out and you have nitrite and nitrate established your cycle is going in the right direction! I personally wait until my nitrate drops down fairly low before adding any inhabitants, but you will get mixed opinions on that.

OP
OP
Nataleeia

Nataleeia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!! Looking forward to seeing your tanks progress!! Once ammonia zeros out and you have nitrite and nitrate established your cycle is going in the right direction! I personally wait until my nitrate drops down fairly low before adding any inhabitants, but you will get mixed opinions on that.
thank you

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back