Weeping Willow not opening

drunkn_reefr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weeping Williw not opening. Looking for some help on what to do with my weeping willow softy that’s not opening up. I know that toadstools can do this from time to time but it’s been a month since it last opened.
Try and keep it short, my salinity was high due to my refractometer being out of calibration. My Weeping Willow was actually fine when my salinity was high. My hammers were ticked off which lead me to calibrate my refractometer. When I found my salinity high I began to slowly get my salinity down. After I did this my hammers went back to being happy but my Weeping Willow closed and hasn’t opened back up. I’ve tried blowing it off with a turkey baster twice. Should I try dipping the coral in some revive or something ? Maybe move it to a lower light area ? give it more flow? Is there anything else I can do? All other parameters are good. Tank has been stable for thee weeks. So much for keeping it short.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was it ever happy in your tank? If it was ever happy and polyps extended in the tank, then dont move and dont dip it.
Corals take time to react, they might still be adjusting to the changing salinity.
Corals can stay closed for months at a time, as long as its not melting and not turning white, its fine.

A tank pic and pic of the corals usually helps us to give better advice.

OP
OP
D

drunkn_reefr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was happy before the salinity issue. It hasn’t melted or gone white. Just looks closed & unhappy for lack of a better term. I will get a pic and post it. Thanks for the quick response.

Back