Weird acropora growth????

I have never seen vermid snail in my tank. I broad cast reef roids and no nets of mucus ever.

I've only ever seen the mucus nets from the bigger vermetids. The smaller ones just have tiny tentacles of some sort. Some spots in your pictures look like what happens when the Acro is continuing to encrust over vermetid tubes as they grow taller, they look just like Acro flesh except at the very tip.
 
See how there is only a few spikes compared to now. Should I break them off???


20191123_171724.jpg



20191205_212500.jpg
 
Like others have said, some kind of creature living in the coral. Unfortunately, nothing you can really do at this point besides cut them off and cover them if you don't like the look.
 
Why do the corals at the photo above expel their mesenterial filaments? Have you added anything to the water? Some kind of foodstuff?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new