Weird bubble on hammer coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter brycen17
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

brycen17

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 6, 2021
Messages
19
Reaction score
5
Location
Springfield
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
Does anyone know what this bubble like thing is in the middle of one of my hammer coral heads? Just noticed it today.
4F89E7E3-8381-477B-85B8-9C8F4633385D.jpeg
BD226D74-D3BC-4EE4-A565-803BEDBAA3A4.jpeg
 
Do you have a daylight or white light pic? My guess is a sponge but hard to tell. Best of luck :)
 
Pics very blue to clearly see what it is but if it is green in color, im suspecting bubble algae.
As requested. please post clear pic under white lighting and clean camera lens and glass before taking pic for clearest image
 
Pics very blue to clearly see what it is but if it is green in color, im suspecting bubble algae.
As requested. please post clear pic under white lighting and clean camera lens and glass before taking pic for clearest image
For sure now bubble algea
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 98
This to me looks like Brown Jelly disease and not Bubble Algae I’ll let others chime in but you may need to treat tank with antibiotics to prevent spread
 
For sure now bubble algea
I see a buch of spirobid worms on skeleton as well as livonia algae.
Are your phos and nitrates elevated ?
 
This to me looks like Brown Jelly disease and not Bubble Algae I’ll let others chime in but you may need to treat tank with antibiotics to prevent spread
I meant not bubble algea lol and thanks
 
I see a buch of spirobid worms on skeleton as well as livonia algae.
Are your phos and nitrates elevated ?
First time I’ve heard an actual answer to what those little white bumps are! Thanks and those have been on the skeleton since I got it over a year ago. And no phos is 0.05 and nitrate is 5 or so
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new