Weird Duncan coloration

Charlie the Reefer

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 29, 2022
Messages
762
Reaction score
831
Location
Chicago
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey everyone,

Was taking a look at my Duncan coral when the lights were shutting off (hence it’s closed stance).

Looks like half of it has this intense neon color in the stem. Is that normal with Duncan’s? Just thought it was a bit interesting.

Pics attached
3A67090D-660E-48F9-BD8F-775F91116034.jpeg
CA205C73-F601-429F-9923-AFDC5DC585BB.jpeg
 
Hah. Exactly! Okay, I just thought it was interesting… maybe not as remarkable as I suspected.

I had really never noticed it before. I run white lights during the day and from the front I could not see it, my Duncan’s don’t close at night.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new