weird growth need ID

TKreefs

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 30, 2024
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
scottsdale
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I'm a new reefer and I have a new reef tank and its definitely in the ugly stage.

I have about 4 of these weird whiteish growth on my rock work and don't really know what it is, a few people said it is some kind of sponge but I just want a second opinion on here. Can anyone help ID?

The tank is 2 months old and I cycled the media for 3 months before I set it up at my LFS, so, I definitely have a feeling things are moving a little faster in the tank but I don't want to move to fast myself and mess something up.
thumbnail_IMG_7775.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_7774.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new