Weird Hitchhiker on snail

ConnorDaReefa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey. I don’t think that this is a dangerous hitchhiker that I have found in my tank but I could be wrong. I noticed that on one of my astrea snails, it seems to be carrying a strange stick like hitchhiker that almost looks like an underwater fungi or something. Hopefully one of you guys out there can help ID this strange lookin fellow. I haven’t seen anything like this before, but disregard the algae on the shell

image.jpg image.jpg

OP
OP
ConnorDaReefa

ConnorDaReefa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My nitrates are hovering right above zero, and my phosphates are at 0.02. This is a little low for me normally so I definitely need to try and bring it up a little bit.

OP
OP
ConnorDaReefa

ConnorDaReefa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that my camera quality isn’t the best so it is hard to judge but I searched up Acetabularia and it seems to be an exact match. I will probably just clean off the snails shell and I should be okay since that is the only thing carrying the algae. Thanks for the help.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I know that my camera quality isn’t the best so it is hard to judge but I searched up Acetabularia and it seems to be an exact match. I will probably just clean off the snails shell and I should be okay since that is the only thing carrying the algae. Thanks for the help.
I see hair algae and macroalgae known as mermaids wine glass similar to teacup macroalgae

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.2%
Back