Weird looking tentacle on my RBTA

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 27, 2018
Messages
3,833
Reaction score
3,626
What state or country do you live in
North Dakota
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
not sure why there’s one weird looking tentacle on my nem.

FFC260EF-2D7D-44E9-8408-848EDCF13C37.jpeg
 
Cool. I would of thunk it would grow a new stump at the base for a new tentacles. Guess this guy is happy right where he is. he climbed down 3 inches from top of my rock to the base of my rock and haven’t moved since.

Wondering if I can remove the foam cover on my mp10. Hates how it collects junk . Saw an ad on eBay for abs plastic mp10 cover to protect the nem.....
 
I wouldn’t risk it. They can be happy and stay put and then move a sec later
 
That foam guard (I have 2 mp40s) is a food/nutrient trap. Also, if you dont clean it, algea starts to grow and flow suffocates, trapping smaller particles, etc, causing a vicious chain reaction. I replaced them with these 3d printer guards, they are amazing. Dont know why it took me so long to swap. With these guards, you can leave them on forever. Mine already have corraline growing on them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ecotech-Vo...var=472412691082&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
 
That foam guard (I have 2 mp40s) is a food/nutrient trap. Also, if you dont clean it, algea starts to grow and flow suffocates, trapping smaller particles, etc, causing a vicious chain reaction. I replaced them with these 3d printer guards, they are amazing. Dont know why it took me so long to swap. With these guards, you can leave them on forever. Mine already have corraline growing on them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ecotech-Vortech-MP40-Anemone-Guard/173743384682?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=472412691082&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Yep, that’s the same ones I’m looking at . Making an order for 2 so I can change em out .
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new