Weird Purple Sebea Found

Kerbash

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 9, 2019
Messages
260
Reaction score
174
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Today at petco I found this anemone marked as a sebea. I’ve never seen one with a yellow foot before and to make it even weirder some of the tentacles have a very distinctive purple hue to them. I took a closer look and it seems to be in a pattern of sort. I thought sebea only comes in white? I saw a couple pics online where it shows a completely purple one. Is this one just bleached?

Does anyone have some that are similar to this? Would love to see how it looks like when it’s happy/grown.


IMG_8194.jpeg
IMG_8196.jpeg IMG_8195.jpeg IMG_8193.jpeg
 
Looks like a totally normal bleached Heteractis crispa to me. The faint purple is probably just part of it that isn't bleached - white with purple tips is a 'classic' look for them in my mind, but really only because they get sold in tanks not capable of sustaining photosynthetic organisms, so this won't be its natural, healthy color.

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/marine/inverts/cnidaria/anthozoa/heteraccrispa.htm
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new