Weird purple stuff - Cowrie snail

Saltwater Dreamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Tiger cowrie snail a few weeks ago, and being the nocturnal creature that it is have rarely found it outside its bit of pipe I brought him home in (LFS couldn’t remove him safely so now the ugly pipe is in my tank).

Anyway a late night for me and voila the snail was on the move. When I looked inside his pipe I saw this incredibly ugly accumulation stuck to the side. It is really large - maybe 3 cm in diameter. I’ve been googling like crazy but cannot find out what it is. I had thought it was his body but the shell is still moving.

The snail is in the tank with a rabbit fish and snowflake so I’m concerned that whatever it is, it might be gone tomorrow…
Heeellllpppp!

IMG_2258.jpeg

OP
OP
Saltwater Dreamer

Saltwater Dreamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yooper Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Yooper - I researched this link a little while ago. And also did a google image search. It feels that might be the case but the purple colour seems really weird.

And if they are eggs, can I dispose of them (have to get the snail off them ago and that’s half the battle.
Let it play out I’m curious to see what happens lol

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 47 29.4%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 34 21.3%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 16 10.0%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 56 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back