Weird scab in nessarius snail

coolbreeze

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 27, 2023
Messages
8
Reaction score
2
Location
florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there - I’ve had this snail for about 2 weeks and just noticed this scab/lesion looking thing on his back (not the shell). Any idea what this is or if it’s a sign of something bad for my other fish?

DE626F58-C939-4ADC-8C18-C8915AD9A8A9.jpeg
 
Not a scab. Normal. When snail retracts it’s it’s cover

Called a operculum
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new