weird shrimp things

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a mini shrimp, names starts with an a, blanking on the name atm maybe someone else can chime in with it. @ichthyogeek know what these guys are?
Only thing coming to mind is those two tanks with Tanaids. The behavior sounds maybe similar based off of what I'm reading (burrowing in sand, but not pistol esque burrowing).

I'm pretty doubtful on them being gammarid amphipods, isopods, copepods, or mysis.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only thing coming to mind is those two tanks with Tanaids. The behavior sounds maybe similar based off of what I'm reading (burrowing in sand, but not pistol esque burrowing).

I'm pretty doubtful on them being gammarid amphipods, isopods, copepods, or mysis.
oh they do look like them so should i be worried about them or just let them be and thank you so much for the help

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
This is a mini shrimp, names starts with an a, blanking on the name atm maybe someone else can chime in with it. @ichthyogeek know what these guys are?
If you’re thinking amphipod- they’re related

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ah yes that’s it! Tanaids. I was close

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back