Weird slug appear in tank??

Khoi_La

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently noticed this weird slug like creature appeared in my tank today... I did some research and cant tell what it is, and sometimes it shoots out some cloudy thing like in the pictures, do you guys know what this is and is it a threat to my tank?? Thanks in advance

20190311_150806.jpg

20190311_151244.jpg

20190311_151305.jpg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stomatella snail, awesome hitchhiker and an amazing clean up crew member. Congrats! :) the "shooting cloudy thing into the water" is the snail spawning. So you'll have little stomatella roaming around in no time :D

OP
OP
Khoi_La

Khoi_La

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stomatella snail, awesome hitchhiker and an amazing clean up crew member. Congrats! :) the "shooting cloudy thing into the water" is the snail spawning. So you'll have little stomatella roaming around in no time :D
That's weird because I dont remember buying this guy at all... it just randomly appears today. But I'm glad to know he's not a threat to my tank. Thank you

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's weird because I dont remember buying this guy at all... it just randomly appears today. But I'm glad to know he's not a threat to my tank. Thank you
Likely hitch hiked in either very small on a piece of live rock, or alot of times they like to lay their eggs under frag plugs. Either way they're an awesome addition to your tank :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back