Weird slug appear in tank??

  • Thread starter Thread starter Khoi_La
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Khoi_La

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 2, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
125
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently noticed this weird slug like creature appeared in my tank today... I did some research and cant tell what it is, and sometimes it shoots out some cloudy thing like in the pictures, do you guys know what this is and is it a threat to my tank?? Thanks in advance

20190311_150806.jpg


20190311_151244.jpg


20190311_151305.jpg
 
Stomatella snail, awesome hitchhiker and an amazing clean up crew member. Congrats! :) the "shooting cloudy thing into the water" is the snail spawning. So you'll have little stomatella roaming around in no time :D
 
Stomatella snail, awesome hitchhiker and an amazing clean up crew member. Congrats! :) the "shooting cloudy thing into the water" is the snail spawning. So you'll have little stomatella roaming around in no time :D
That's weird because I dont remember buying this guy at all... it just randomly appears today. But I'm glad to know he's not a threat to my tank. Thank you
 
That's weird because I dont remember buying this guy at all... it just randomly appears today. But I'm glad to know he's not a threat to my tank. Thank you
Likely hitch hiked in either very small on a piece of live rock, or alot of times they like to lay their eggs under frag plugs. Either way they're an awesome addition to your tank :)
 
I just found one in my tank when looking at night
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new