Weird stringy algae on zoas

fatarw05

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 24, 2025
Messages
22
Reaction score
6
Location
ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I’ve had this zoas for a few months now and I cannot get this algae(?) off of them. The zoas keep closing up when it grows too far. Anyway I can get rid of it? A harsh scrub? Or dip it?

IMG_2335.jpeg IMG_2334.jpeg
 
I can't really see anything, but if it is algae I would do a 1:10 hydrogen peroxide to tank water dip for 5-10 minutes. But I am unsure if it is algae because I cannot see it very well
 
Upvote 0
Do you run a refugium? It looks like strands of Chaetomorpha.
 
Upvote 0
Diluted hydrogen peroxide dip. The Zoanthids may look mad for a day or so but the algae will be gone.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new