Weird Stringy thing on shell

SenorBubs

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 29, 2019
Messages
60
Reaction score
18
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this thing on my Halloween Hermit today after having him a while. But I’ve definitely noticed this weird string on him before.
Hopefully it’s not harmful... Any help would be appreciated
 
That might be it! What a strange looking snail. Working on posting the video now
 
Oh no... thanks for letting me know. Hopefully it hasn’t started spreading yet
 
I dont think its a vermited, that looks too big to be one. Im assuming thats a conch shell that your hermit is in.
Theres a few types of vermetid. The little tiny tubes that are harmless, and then theres the ones where the tubes are quite bigger.

Here's a picture of a few that I pulled out of my tank

DMSwTyul.jpg
 
I think it’s absolutely vermatid. So thanks everyone for the advice! I popped the sucker off and now will keep an eye out for any more of those strings :)
 

Attachments

  • A7CB1BFF-4E71-48FF-A6D8-F4B48778A05E.jpeg
    A7CB1BFF-4E71-48FF-A6D8-F4B48778A05E.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 141

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new