Hitch hiker on hermit crab shell

Angeljr8282

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
long island
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
been trying to ID this for while not even chatgbt could help….at first I thought it was just nothing on the shell but as time gone by I noticed it getting larger…..today I was cleaning the tank and noticed something coming out from under it look like a snails type head it was black in color.

IMG_7866.jpeg
 
Look up Slipper Snail or Limpet and see if that looks similar.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new