Weird tissue on Tenuis

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive unfortunately had several rtn and stn episodes but one of my tenuis is shedding a layer of yellow flesh but there’s still flesh underneath the layer that’s peeling. I’ve never seen this before. Have any of y’all acroholics ever seen that?

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you be able to post a picture please? I have never heard or seen this happen before but I am very interested.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry too. Usually, when they peel that fast, you can sometimes see a layer underneath, but it quickly leaves as well.

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So when I posted this morning I was looking at it with the lights off, but now it looks like it’s still hanging in there but the yellow flesh peeled off. I’ve never seen this before. Usually when I see rtn is very obvious. Just a white skeleton, but this is kind of grey and I swear it looks like grey coral flesh. I’ll keep you posted

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So when I posted this morning I was looking at it with the lights off, but now it looks like it’s still hanging in there but the yellow flesh peeled off. I’ve never seen this before. Usually when I see rtn is very obvious. Just a white skeleton, but this is kind of grey and I swear it looks like grey coral flesh. I’ll keep you posted

I know this is old, but did You ever figure out what the issue was? When I had a crash, I had a widespread occurence where I noticed things I had grayed out as you described too.

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is old, but did You ever figure out what the issue was? When I had a crash, I had a widespread occurence where I noticed things I had grayed out as you described too.
Oh man
That was just one of many losses during the stn/rtn-acropolypse. Every acro I bought for almost a year would do ok for a week to sometimes a month but they would eventually wither away, stn from the base or rtn. Seems every couple of days I’d wake up or come home to a new ailing acropora, and my parameters were “ideal”. All of this stopped when I stopped chasing “ideal” nutrients. I got rid of nopox and gfo stopped worrying about no3 and po4.
I was also guilty at this time of playing with the settings on my hydra 52 because I couldn’t tell if there was enough or too much par. So I bought a par meter and discovered that I didn’t have enough par throughout the tank, but now I do.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 30.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back