Weird white film with "branching" structure?

RyanTheSquid

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2025
Messages
205
Reaction score
72
Location
New Mexico
What state or country do you live in
New Mexico
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posted weeks ago with 0 response, trying again. Anyone know what this white film below the flesh of my acan is? Appears to have branch-like structure below the surface?
8ff1c380-d618-4512-afb6-c702d7721b21.jpg


74f1f735-5691-4fd8-a56c-74c8278301ad.jpg


80bd7ad1-d1bd-4150-8526-aee02000b12d.jpg
 
To me it looks like dinos
They have been on this coral and only this coral since it was in my old tank nearly 2 months ago now, it was dipped in iodine before adding to new tank. If it was dinos, would they have died in the dip?
 
Sponge, possibly mixed with hydroids and or feather dusters.
The Micromussa looks unbothered.
If it is sponge, thats nice to hear. There is no negative to sponges that I know of?
 
If it is sponge, thats nice to hear. There is no negative to sponges that I know of?
No. However if it were my piece I would remove piece, place in a separate container and take a soft tooth brush to the piece.
 
If it is sponge, thats nice to hear. There is no negative to sponges that I know of?
No. However if it were my piece I would remove piece, place in a separate container and take a soft tooth brush to the piece.
Just for the potential health if the coral or the tank as a whole?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new