Weird White Gelatinous Thing

hube

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 18, 2023
Messages
94
Reaction score
25
Location
U.S.
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed this white, sludge-like, white thing among my rocks, does anyone have an idea of what it could be?

IMG_7233.jpeg
 
Looks like someone used epoxy putty to cover up something on the rock, or maybe attached a coral frag?
 
Upvote 0
Looks like someone used epoxy putty to cover up something on the rock, or maybe attached a coral frag?
I used epoxy in the tank before, it isn’t this gelatinous. When I moved water around it the thing jiggled, I could suck it up with a turkey baster probably if I tried. I have a Duncan nearby, could it be a deposit of slime that secretes when it gets fed? Far shot prolly.
 
Upvote 0
I used epoxy in the tank before, it isn’t this gelatinous. When I moved water around it the thing jiggled, I could suck it up with a turkey baster probably if I tried. I have a Duncan nearby, could it be a deposit of slime that secretes when it gets fed? Far shot prolly.
'suck it out, if in doubt', proberbly just a sponge
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new