Weird white worm

Bigfishie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I don’t have a picture but a drawing as the second I saw this worm I pulled it out. It was at the top corner of my tank and didn’t seem to react to my tongs. It was coiled up in an S like pattern and probably about 5-6 inches in length with an off white color. I’m made at drawing but it was sitting something like this with a portion sticking out in the water column.

IMG_0889.jpeg

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I don’t have a picture but a drawing as the second I saw this worm I pulled it out. It was at the top corner of my tank and didn’t seem to react to my tongs. It was coiled up in an S like pattern and probably about 5-6 inches in length with an off white color. I’m made at drawing but it was sitting something like this with a portion sticking out in the water column.

IMG_0889.jpeg
Do you have cerith snails in your tank? Because that looks like cerith snail eggs to me. Look them up and see if that is what you are seeing. If so, they will not come to fruition, most likely a fish will eat them.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
agree, sounds more like a trail of snail eggs. Can't lie, I giggled at that picture for a second :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

OP
OP
Bigfishie

Bigfishie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have cerith snails in your tank? Because that looks like cerith snail eggs to me. Look them up and see if that is what you are seeing. If so, they will not come to fruition, most likely a fish will eat them.
I think I have one
I think I have one and that looks a lot like what I saw. Thank me for your help!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 180 72.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back